Business Operations Manager
To apply for this position:
- Read the job description below to ensure this position is a fit for you.
- Fill out the Artesian job application form, found here.
- Submit your cover letter and resume to HR_BOM@sechsmemphis.com.
- We will respond with next steps by Monday, October 31st.
Reporting directly to the CEO, the Business Operations Manager will serve as the school’s leading administrative support staff professional with direct oversight for the areas of finance, administration, management information systems, human resources, and facilities management. As a member of the Leadership Team, responsibilities include creating and delivering a shared strategic vision; building capacity across the workforce; improving organizational structures and functions; building and sustaining effective relationships and communications strategies; and, working with the community and other services to improve the outcomes and well-being of students. The Business Operations Manager promotes the highest standards of business ethos within the administrative function of the school and strategically ensures the most effective use of resources in support of the school’s learning objectives.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Use approved budget to actively monitor and control performance.
- Work with Artesian’s finance committee to indicate the trends and requirements of the school development plan in order to forecast future year budgets.
- Identify additional finances required to fund the school’s proposed activities.
- Present timely and fully costed proposals, recommendations, or bids.
- Negotiate formal vendor agreements and monitor the terms and implementation of agreements.
- Design and maintain administrative systems that deliver outcomes based on the school’s goals and objectives.
- Establish and use effective methods to review and improve administrative systems.
- Use data analysis, evaluation, and reporting systems to streamline systems, maximize efficiency, and avoid duplication.
- Benchmark systems and information to assess trends and make appropriate recommendations.
- Collect and compile data for reporting to other agencies and stakeholders within statutory guidelines.
- Ensure that the strategies for using technology are aligned with the overall vision and plans for the school.
- Communicate the strategy and relevant policies, including Data Security & Protection for use of technology across the school.
- Establish systems to monitor and report on the performance of technology within the school.
- Develop and communicate contingency plans in the case of technology failure.
- Create streamlined data collection systems to maximize efficiency of the data supplied to SCS and key stakeholders.
- Manage all general personnel matters to include ensuring required pre-employment checks are completed for new employees; responding to staff inquiries regarding salaries, expenses, sickness and maternity procedures etc.; and monitoring leaves of absence and undertaking return to work interviews with staff.
- Maintain confidential staff records, and ensure that staff records held in the school by others are kept confidential.
- Coordinate payroll services for all school staff.
- Ensure that all recruitment, appraisal, staff development, grievance, and disciplinary policies and procedures comply with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manage recruitment, performance management, appraisal, and development for all support staff.
- Supervise relevant facility improvement and construction processes so they are undertaken in line with contractual obligations.
- Monitor the safety and security operations of all school premises.
- Manage the maintenance of the school site including the purchase and repair of all furniture and equipment.
- Monitor, assess, and review contractual obligations for outsourced school services.
Any other duties assigned by his/her supervisor.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They simply represent typical elements and criteria necessary to successfully fulfill this position.
- Bachelor's degree required. Master’s Degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in operations, business, finance/accounting, human resources, and/or school administration.
- Strong belief in the mission and vision of Southwest Early College High School
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms.
- Flexibility and adaptability to change;
- Ability to work in a dynamic, creative, and demanding learning environment;
- Consistently handle business matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, with minimal oversight;
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners, and donors;
- Expert level written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability;
- Emotional maturity;
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently;
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals;
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions;
- Excellent social skills, able to operate with diplomacy, tact and empathy; and,
- Strong interest in the field of education or charter school management.